Sometimes it's in the writing, not the words, but in the act of freely placing thoughts on paper.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014


I used to think that love was something only in the fairy tales. Something that was so far out of reach for me that I might as well have been trying to grasp the stars. How could everyone else find love so easily; jump from one romance to the next without even a blink of an eye. I didn't understand that and I didn't understand why I had to wait ever so patiently, and alone.

I didn't understand until I met him.

Everything from that point on made me realize why it was never right before. Why it had never worked before him. I understood that the universe was simply waiting for the right time to align the stars in such a way that our paths would cross. In such a way that our eyes and hearts would not only be awakened but brought to life.


I didn't understand until that night when he told me he loved me; beneath the stars, that I was perfectly fine waiting for a love…a love like ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment